The Presbyterian Women organization (commonly known as PW) is for all women of the church, whether they are a member of the church or not. PW meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month at 2:00pm in the months of April, May and September through December.
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ, and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to:
- Nurture our faith through prayer and Bible Study
- Support the mission of the church worldwide
- Work for justice and peace
- And to build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
All women of the church are invited and encouraged to be members of the PW to make it a strong and active organization that reaches out to the surrounding area. Business meetings and programs are open to all women.
Major fundraising activities for the year include:
- A Salad Luncheon on the first Wednesday in May, and a Holiday Luncheon in November.
- We meet at the Hubbell House for lunch in April, have a fun travel event in the summer, as well as a retreat at the Carlsen family cabin in Lake city in September.
- Our church delivers Meals-on-Wheels every six weeks which is organized by two women from PW.
- All women of the church are part of our two service groups which are responsible for providing coffee and treats for the fellowship time after all Sunday morning worship services.
- We are a small, but active, vital part of First Presbyterian Church Kasson and we heartily welcome any and all who wish to join us.
PW meetings are held on the third Thursday of the month at 2:00pm in the months of April, May, and September through December.
Circles currently are not meeting due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Morning Circle
Meets at 9:30 a.m. on the second Wednesday of the month.
- Afternoon Circle
Meets at 2:00p.m. on the first Thursday of the month.